Posted by Unknown Saturday, 24 November 2012
- Synchronization takes forever.
- Synchronization status will periodically reset to a lower percentage.
- Zune keeps creating and deleting .tmp files in the directories configured for synchronization.
- Files are listed under "Not added to collection".
- When you click the yellow icon with the exclamation mark an error message will appear stating "Sync not possible". Error code: C00D11CD (80004005).
Some kind of corruption of your metadata store.
Rename ZuneStore.sdf to ZuneStore_old.sdf.
This file is located under C:\Users\<your username>\Local\Microsoft\Zune\.
Please note: "AppData" is a hidden folder to which you can navigate by explicitely entering it in the address bar. If you wish to browse/traverse to this location you need to enable "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" under the "View" tab of "Folder Options" in your "Control Panel".
Zune will recreate the mentioned file, but you will lose "Collections" and other stuff you've defined using Zune. Always create a back-up of your files beforehand.