Posted by Dave Thijssen Wednesday, 19 March 2014
- The page for a new tab ("Frequent") displays a black background.
- On a server you might experience group policy settings related to internet security zones not being applied correctly.
- Zone icons might be displayed with a lock icon in front (prior to Internet Explorer 11).
|Internet Explorer New Tab Black Background|
CauseI discovered the cause on our Remote Desktop Server / Citrix XenApp 6.5 environment was that the (mandatory) profile was missing theme related registry settings. This profile was created by copying the default user profile or a new user without enabling a theme for this user first.
SolutionThe solution was to configure a Windows Aero / Basic theme for the template user before copying or converting it into a mandatory profile.
|Internet Explorer New Tab Regular Background Color|
ReferencesOther suggested solutions include:
- Add the missing registry keys related to the Windows theme manually, through a logon script or Group Policy Preferences. 
- Change to and fro a different theme. 
- Reset Internet Explorer settings to defaults.
- Disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC) before installing the Desktop Experience Feature of Remote Desktop Services.
1 comments... read them below or respond.
The OC Notary, Traveling Notary, Apostille, Live Scan, Consulate, Translation, Document, Recording & Retrieval service
We are California’s 24/7 Traveling Notary Service. We value your time! Let us save you money, gas and frustration by Traveling to you. You will see why we are the #1 Notary Service in California.
apostille, traveling notary, power of attorney, grantdeed, affidavit, mobile notary
Schedule your appointment today!